Translate this Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Walking Blind in the DC Metro

A blind man in Metro at Metro Center walked with a white cane navigating across my path with room to spare. The woman walking behind him nearly walked into me while she was staring into the blue illumination of her wireless device. I think she was hypnotized or mesmerized. He was visually impaired while she was visibly impaired.
Tweet This Post
Author's Note: The book cover images in the side margins of this blog are my own publications of eBooks available at both Amazon and B&N. Please take a moment and go to the sites and read about them. Then if you like it, buy one or two.

1 comment:

lacochran's evil twin said...

Exactly.

I have seen blind people successfully navigate through the crowds to the open door and onto the train but, wow, it's something of a miracle, given how oblivious and self-serving the people around them are.